Monday, June 18, 2007

Going Into Labor

I really want to know what's it's like to go into labor. I want to spend the day, contracting. Then time them in order to find out if they are close enough together to go to the hospital. Or wake up in the middle of the night, water broken and in active labor. I want to call my parents and say, "It's time. Come over." I want to be wheeled into the delivery room and told that I'm 8 cm. I want to have a normal labor.

I don't want to be induced. I want my body to do it on it's own.

Is it crazy that I think this way? Just once, I want to be able to do it on my own. I wish there was some way to know if I was going to be able to start labor, without assistance.

I can picture it in my mind, telling Mike I think it's time to go. Waking him up or calling him to come home. I know I just have to wait to find out, but it's so hard.

I don't want to be induced, but I also don't want to be weeks overdue and waiting for this baby to come. I want to meet my baby. I'm ready to meet my baby.

I'll just keep moving so that I can keep things going. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be at the hospital and I won't have to wonder anymore.

I hope so!

No comments: